Monday, May 16, 2016

Again....

Towards the end of TJ's birth I kept telling myself and others that I wanted a break before I got pregnant ever again.  I think due to it being the end of the pregnancy and just general uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms I said no more for a few years.  Boy, what a few months will do to you...

Then I had TJ and have had the best post birth relationship with his family and I got the itch.  Then I had a friend mention a couple and then another friend mentioned another couple.  Then I asked TJ's parents what they thought their timeline was so I knew if I should pursue an agency or one of these other couples.  I wish I could say they were ready to go again but like any sane mom and dad they want to wait a little bit.  Plus mom says TJ is the best baby and so sweet!  I am bummed about that but I told them that whenever they are ready I am always ready.  I want to carry a cute little sister or brother for TJ that he can play with and protect.

So I've been looking again.  I know this may be crazy but I love, love helping these sweet couples and I love the birth stories so much!  The whole process of seeing these parents light up during their darkest hour is the highlight.  The excitement in their voice when you call to tell them that it worked and baby is on board and they are going to be mommy and daddy now.  Seeing their faces when they hear the heart beat for the first time.  Or when they find out the gender for the first time.  To reach the point in the pregnancy where they finally take a breath of relief that everything is going to be okay now.  Honestly the best part for me is the birth.  I could birth babies all day and everyday to see the looks on their faces.  Those moments are forever engraved in my mind.

I'm not in a huge rush to transfer, I'm thinking someone who wants to start next year sometime so I'm at least a year past TJ's birth.  Long enough for my hair to stop falling out. :)

On a side note TJ is probably the cutest little guy and my daughter and I are extremely blessed to be welcomed into his family and get to watch him grow up.

No comments: